Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Getting Married Is A Mistake

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Getting Married Is A Mistake


Getting married is the greatest mistake anyone can ever make. Being wed is the height of insanity, the most ludicrous commitment, the totally illogical decision any human being can fall into. Tell me. Why will I commit myself to be with one woman for the rest of my life and thereby reject 3.2 billion other females in the world?

Along the way, I'll meet a girl who'll be more beautiful, or more intelligent, or more charming, or sexier, or holier! So, why nail myself down to one choice permanently and suffer the agony of watching beauties pass by me?

And in western countries, one out of two marriages end up in divorce. That blows my mind. That's a pathetic 50% failure rate! I won't buy a car , a stereo, a shaver, or even a nail clipper if there's a 50% chance that it'll conk out on me. I simply won't ! And why stay with one person "in sickness or in health, in riches or in poverty, till death do us part "? Is my mind fried? If my shirt shrinks on me because I eat too many Big Macs, don't I just throw it away and buy an XL? And if I outgrow my ancient 386 computer, don't I just look for a 200 PENTIUM II PC?

And then there's the catastrophe some call kids. I mean, do I really want to wake up in the middle of the night to entertain a self-centered, bald, toothless tyrant in diapers? Do I really want little rampaging monsters to break the most expensive furniture in my house? Do I really want juvenile creatures to stay on the phone for six hours straight, listen to noise they call music that you believe came directly from hell, and mope around uncommunicative, catatonic, and depressed because another demented juvenile creature (called boyfriend) hasn't called for the past thirty minutes?


Why should I go through the torture? Marriage is insanity. On the 11th of this month, I celebrate my 32nd birthday. And on that same day, I commit myself to insane living. Marowe Lopez is her lovely name, the one person I choose out of 3.2 billion females. Yes, we will have tiny tyrants that will wake us up at night, little monsters that will destroy our house during playtime, and creatures from outer space called teenagers.

Why? Because of three reasons.

FAITH. We believe that God calls us into marriage. And if he calls us there, that means He'll be there to meet us. We will suffer all things, just let us be with our God.

HOPE. We confidently expect the best blessings mmeasurably much more than all the hardship. God will bless us beyond our wildest dreams.

LOVE. Oh yes, there will be other females who'll be more beautiful, or more intelligent, or more and more that. But they'll only be just that: females-like flowers in the field of a million hectares of flower fields.


But not this woman-My Marowe, the one beautiful flower I have personally chosen, personally picked from her roots, personally planted in my own clay pot, personally watered every day, and personally loved every day. Because of my love for her, there will be no one like her.

In my heart, she will eternally be the most beautiful flower of them all. Because in the end, there will only be faith, hope, and love.

And the greatest of these is LOVE ...
- on marriage.

0 comments:

 

© 2014 Incridible Stories, TV Series Review, Book References. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top